Friday 9 September 2011

Finsteraarhorn


I am just back from Switzerland (midnight yesterday) after great week glacier trekking and climbing in Bernese Oberland. Started at one end of the massif and worked out way across to the other. Got to see the Jungfraujoch where I went sledging with my 5 year old just a few weeks ago while staying in Wengen.

We had a shot at the Finsteraarhorn at 4200 metres, but there was too much snow on the ridge for us to get right to the top in time available. Frustrating but it was a cool day out and spectacular scenery. It was like a Grade 2 Scottish winter climb, not a PD scramble.

Unfortunately I must now get back to work. Here's the first video clip I took high on the ridge visible in the above photo.

Howard on another bit lower down...

This vid shows the route - up the top slanting glacier from the right and up the final rock ridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment